HypnoBirthing™ is as much a philosophy as it is a method of birthing. It is a series of tools to support a woman and her birth partner to birth their baby in an empowered and intuitive way, free from stress and strain. These courses are delivered at The Wellness Project in New Plymouth.
The Mongan Method of HypnoBirthing™ is a comprehensive 5 week program that guides parents through a variety of technqiues including; deep relaxation, self-hypnosis, visualisations, affirmations, breath work and education. This course provides the 'triad' of Mother, Baby and Birth Partner with practical resources and knowledge to birth instinctually, safely and with ease. As much as birth is about 'The Mother' it is also about their birthing companion. This course emphasises the importance of the birthing partner and helps to define their role . It also provides them with the practical tools and checklists they need to become engaged with the birth experience and support their loved one 'fully' during birth.
Why Choose a HypnoBirthing™ Course?
- Develop a comprehensive 'toolbox' for birthing safely and instinctually in any birth environment.
- Learn about the physiology of natural birth.
- Uncover your 'birthing body' to feel more prepared & empowered to birth.
- Develop relaxation skills to support yourself during birth and beyond.
- Connect with your birthing partner and your baby as you become a 'birthing team'.
- Dispel the fears around labour for a more comfortable birthing experience.
- Reduce the need for interventions during labour.
- Feel more energised, alert and awake following birth.
The Mongan Method of HypnoBirthing is a full and comprehensive prenatal and childbirth program. This course can be taken stand alone or along side traditional ante-natal groups or active birthing classes.
This course caters to all birthing environments and will leave you empowered whether you are planning a home birth, hospital birth or caesarean.
- 5 x Sessions
- Each Session is 2.5 hours
- Light refreshments included
Please note: It is expected that both Mum and Birth Partner attend this course. The content is experiential and presence at all 5 sessions is highly recommended. The optimal time to start your HypnoBirthing™ experience is during your second trimester but earlier or later is also fine.
- The Mongan Method HypnoBirthing Book
- Digital Relaxations and Affirmations for home practice
- Parents Education Guide to HypnoBirthing
- A total of 12.5 hours of Tuition
14th March - 18th April 2021
- Sundays 11am - 1.30pm
- Class size limited to 6 couples
- Investment $429
- Online Payments via Credit/Debit Card
- This course will be facilitated by qualified HypnoBirthing Practitioner Charlie Maddox
- Due to Easter Weekend there will be no class on Sunday the 4th of April, thus the course will be delivered with a one weekend break between sessions 3 and 4.
"The hypnobirthing course with Zara was fantastic! I would highly recommend it to anyone to do before birth. Throughout my pregnancy I was stressed about getting my life ready for such a big change, and being ready to become a new me. The weekly relaxations helped me to find a sense of calm each week, a moment to stop panicking and accept the change to come.
Zara Thame is a fully qualified HypnoBirthing Practitioner and is registered with The HypnoBirthing International Institute. She is 'Mum' to Elijah and is expecting the arrival or her little girl later this year.Zara is also an experienced Yoga teacher and meditation practitioner.
After experiencing the profound benefits of HypnoBirthing during the birth of her son, Zara felt drawn to qualify as a practitioner. The tools enabled her to have two beautiful and empowering home births, free from interventions. You can read more about Elijah and Annie's Birth Stories on our blog.