HypnoBirthing™ is as much a philosophy as it is a method of birthing. It is a series of tools to support a woman and her birth partner to birth their baby in an empowered and intuitive way, free from stress and strain.
The Mongan Method of HypnoBirthing™ is a comprehensive 5 week program that guides parents through a variety of technqiues including; deep relaxation, self-hypnosis, visualisations, affirmations, breath work and education. This course provides the 'triad' of Mother, Baby and Birth Partner with practical resources and knowledge to birth instinctually, safely and with ease. As much as birth is about 'The Mother' it is also about their birthing companion. This course emphasises the importance of the birthing partner and helps to define their role . It also provides them with the practical tools and checklists they need to become engaged with the birth experience and support their loved one 'fully' during birth.
Why Choose a HypnoBirthing™ Course?
- Develop a comprehensive 'toolbox' for birthing safely and instinctually in any birth environment.
- Learn about the physiology of natural birth.
- Uncover your 'birthing body' to feel more prepared & empowered to birth.
- Develop relaxation skills to support yourself during birth and beyond.
- Connect with your birthing partner and your baby as you become a 'birthing team'.
- Dispel the fears around labour for a more comfortable birthing experience.
- Reduce the need for interventions during labour.
- Feel more energised, alert and awake following birth.
The Mongan Method of HypnoBirthing is a full and comprehensive prenatal and childbirth program. This course can be taken stand alone or along side traditional ante-natal groups or active birthing classes.
This course caters to all birthing environments and will leave you empowered whether you are planning a home birth, hospital birth or caesarean.
2nd May - 30th May 2021
- Sunday's 11am - 1.30pm
- Class size limited to 6 couples
- Investment $429
- Online Payments via Credit/Debit Card
- This course will be facilitated by qualified HypnoBirthing Practitioner Charlie Maddox
- 5 x Sessions
- Each Session is 2.5 hours
- Light refreshments included
Please note: It is expected that both Mum and Birth Partner attend this course, one booking is made for both partners. The content is experiential and presence at all 5 sessions is highly recommended. The optimal time to start your HypnoBirthing™ experience is during your second trimester but earlier or later is also fine.
- The Mongan Method HypnoBirthing Book
- Digital Relaxations and Affirmations for home practice
- Parents Education Guide to HypnoBirthing
- A total of 12.5 hours of Tuition
"The hypnobirthing course with Zara was fantastic! I would highly recommend it to anyone to do before birth. Throughout my pregnancy I was stressed about getting my life ready for such a big change, and being ready to become a new me. The weekly relaxations helped me to find a sense of calm each week, a moment to stop panicking and accept the change to come.
Meet Our Facilitators
Zara Thame is a fully qualified HypnoBirthing Practitioner and is registered with The HypnoBirthing International Institute. She is 'Mum' to Elijah and is expecting the arrival or her little girl later this year.Zara is also an experienced Yoga teacher and meditation practitioner.
After experiencing the profound benefits of HypnoBirthing during the birth of her son, Zara felt drawn to qualify as a practitioner. The tools enabled her to have two beautiful and empowering home births, free from interventions. You can read more about Elijah and Annie's Birth Stories on our blog.
Charlie Maddox is an educator who has returned home to New Plymouth following 18 years living overseas. She is a mother to three HypnoBirthed babies; Zephyr, Océane and Calypso. Charlie’s own birthing experiences include both hospital and home births. Along with her husband, Nick, Charlie recognises that HypnoBirthing has positively impacted their lives, even beyond pregnancy and the births of their children. A deep desire to share the gift of HypnoBirthing with others led Charlie to train as a Hypnobirthing practitioner with Marie Mongan, the founder of HypnoBirthing. She has worked with women and their birthing companions in Egypt and New Zealand.